Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our 44th President

All eyes are on America, and President Obama.

Today was an inspirational day to me, and watching Barrack Obama's speech after he won the election, and then seeing him inaugurated just brings out the reality of the subject. I voted for Obama because I believed he was the one that could Unite our country the way it was meant to be. This whole "history making" event has made me realize just how proud we should all be of this country and what it can do. I think Obama has made us remember who we are as Americans and what this nation has gone through to be where it is today.

If we are to pull ourselves together and bring glory back to this nation, we need to start somewhere. I feel we should start by showing Former President Bush some well deserved respect. I see negative comments towards him on the news, and a boo-ing crowd at the National Mall and I feel that people just ignore Obama's call for unity. Bush is an American, and although I myself am unhappy with some of his decisions as President, he still had his shining moments. After addressing the rescue workers at Ground Zero, he had the highest approval rating of any President. I think we have all forgotten that man speaking on that pile of rubble, and I think as Americans we need to step up and start making the Change that Obama has called on us to do, and respect Bush, and all other Americans, so that we can indeed be united.

No comments: